Participation and Presentation for LGM 2017 – Rio
For the dates from April the 20th to April the 23rd we are getting our presentations. Submissions can be made for presentations in English – which will be the main conference language, or Portuguese. The content can be related to either the making of, presentation, call for volunteers of a Software System distributed under a Free License, or artwork made preferentially with Free Tools, including the areas of typography, photo manipulation, digital painting, 3D modelling, 3D printing, video edition, video animation, as well as programming frameworks and tools that enable either of these.
To summarize, like in the past year, we are looking for:
- In-depth presentations of Libre Graphics code-contributions
- Showcases of excellent work made using Libre Graphics tools
- New and experimental projects in this area to meet the wider community, including those in the field of 3D design and making
- Reflections on the activities of existing open source communities in either the production of Free, Libre and Open Source tools or their use
Available presentation formats (times include Q&A):
- Entry for State of the Libre Graphics Union (3 slides)
- Presentations (20 minutes)
- Workshops (1 or 2 hours)
- Birds Of a Feather (BOF), discussion meetings or Sprints (2 hrs or more)
- Lightning talk (7 minutes, selected at the event unconference style)
Submission deadline: 15 March 2017, content selection notification by March the 23rd 2017.
Please, submit your from March the 8th, 2017.