The program will be published at the end of January.
The Libre Graphics Meeting 2014 will take place 2. – 5. April 2014 in Leipzig, Germany.
This yearly event is an occasion for projects and individual contributors/artists from all over the world to work together, to share experiences and to hear about new ideas.
By Libre Graphics we mean Free, Libre and Open Source tools for design, illustration, photography, typography, art, graphics, page layout, publishing, cartography, animation, video, interactive media, generative graphics and visual live-coding. The Libre Graphics Meeting is not just about software, but extends to standards, file formats and actual use of these in creative work.
We are looking for:
- In-depth presentations on Libre Graphics technologies
- Showcases of excellent work made using Libre Graphics tools
- New projects in this area to meet the wider community
- Reports, use-cases, best practices
- New emerging media; breaking free from analog constraints
- Well articulated ideas for future approaches, tools and standards
Available formats (including questions):
- Lightning talk (10 minutes, selected at the event unconference style)
- Presentations (20 minutes extendable to 40 minutes)
- Entry for State of the Libre Graphics Union (1-2 slides)
- Workshops (2 hours or more)
- Birds Of a Feather (BOF), discussion meetings or Hackathons (2 hrs or more)
State of the Libre Graphics Union:
We will kick off this year’s event with a joint session that sums up all things that have happened in our wide landscape over the last year. Instead of slots in the schedule for general updates on each and every libre graphics project, we invite you to submit a maximum of two slides, show-casing new abilities and/or text enumerating the leaps forward that your project made.
For the 2014 edition of LGM, we are specifically interested in presentations that showcase how the gap between technical and design development can be bridged. We are looking for contributions on computational and generative media; examples of projects where design decisions and experimentation is done directly with logic and code or indirectly with the end user providing constraints/selection of good results. We are interested in projects where design and development are considered necessary ingredients in a collaborative process done by peers of technological artists, using and pushing the constraints of creative work.
Call opens Monday 25. November 2013
Deadline: 15. January 2014. We will let you know if your presentation is selected by 25. January 2014 latest.
In the context of the meeting, we prefer short and concise presentations.
For each BOF or meeting that will be on the public schedule, we ask you to provide a report, to be made available to the Libre Graphics Community afterwards.
If you propose a workshop, let us know what you expect participants to bring, in terms of both prior experience and required items (sketchbook, laptop with which applications installed, etc.)
The form for making a submission can be found here