Call for participation
By libre Graphics we mean “free, Libre and Open Source tools for creative uses”. LGM is not just about software, but extends to standards and file formats used in creative work.
Participants in LGM include developers, designers, academics, and activists. People from around the world who are passionate about Free/Libre tools and their creative applications.
LGM 2018 will take place in two venues with small and medium spaces, and on the first day there will be a conference hall as well. Given these constraints we will prioritize workshops and other interactive formats this year.
State of Libre Graphics
Each meeting begins with a joint session that brings together everything that’s happened in our wide landscape over the last year. Instead of slots for general updates on the various software projects, we invite every team to submit two slides (maximum) with a short explanatory text that showcases the progress made over the past year.
For first-time presenters, and particularly big or new topics in established projects, we encourage additional stand-alone submissions.
We are looking for:
- ❧ Reflections and practical sessions on promoting the philosophy and use of Libre Graphics tools.
- ❧ Technical presentations and workshops for developers.
- ❧ Showcases of excellent work made using Libre Graphics tools.
- ❧ New tools and workflows for graphics and code.
- ❧ Reflections on the activities of existing Free/Libre and Open Source communities.
Available formats (times include Q&A):
- ❧ Entry for State of Libre Graphics (1-2 slides)
- ❧ Presentations (20 minutes)
- ❧ Birds of a Feather (BoF), Workshops, Hackathons (1-2 hours)
- ❧ Lightning talks (5 minutes, selected at the event unconference style)
The deadline for submissions ended on 10th January. The selected proposals will be published at the beginning of February.