In 2017 the 12th edition of the Libre Graphics Meeting will take place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. But where will LGM be in 2018? If you are interested in hosting this wonderful event, here are some things to consider:
- Libre Graphics community in hosting city
- Venue and on-site infrastructure
- Experience of the local team at organising such an international event
- Free software acceptance or support in the host country
- Communication skills of the local team
- Travel and accommodation
- Visa policies
- Ethical and political issues
- Security issues
- Health issues
- Budget and sponsoring
- Proposed dates and agenda issues with other events
Your proposal should cover these areas and explain why and how you think your city or institution should host the next Libre Graphics Meeting. You can refer to London’s proposal for 2016 and use it as a template for next year’s proposal. The file can be downloaded here. Of course, if you prefer to present things in a different manner, it’s okay!
There is some information about previous editions here, but if you need further clarifications or feedback on your ideas before you upload your proposal, feel free to subscribe to the LGM organisers mailing list and post your questions there. Past and present organisers will gladly help you. If you want to make a proposal for a subsequent year and would like to let us know about it sooner, don’t hesitate to communicate your proposal as well.
Extended deadline for 2018 location expressions of interest: June 1st, 2016.
When you are ready to submit, please use the form below and submit your proposal as a PDF file.